You would think with prices "down" and interest rates as low as they have been since Leave it to Beaver, that people would be lining up to buy homes.
Well, here is some good news. There is a slow and steady shift in the Spokane Real Estate Market trends that is telling of the market becoming healthier.
However, there are still homes all over the nation that have been listed for a prolonged period, and sellers in waiting.
For nearly 10 years, I have represented both buyers and sellers in Spokane WA. and the surrounding areas of the Spokane Valley, North Spokane, Mead, Mica, Cheney, Airway Heights, Colbert, and more!
Here are some things to consider to up your odds of selling in a market where absorption rates have been sluggish, and odds of selling have been, well not so great. Over-all the odds of selling in 2011 here was under 50%. This means half of the efforts of sellers and agents went unrealized.
Here are my best suggestions to " catch a buyer" on your hook by changing your bait!
1. Examine your "motivation to sell". If your own agent has not spoken with you about this, then allow me the honor. If you are not certain that you either A.) Want to sell or B.) Have to sell - then that can have an underlying influence on whether or not you will sell.
2. Carefully position your home with both a competitive and compelling PRICE. Buyers are more than savvy, and they simply will not pay more than fair market value for any home. You will also attract more buyers if your home is priced correctly.
3. Agents: if you have a stale listing that is not being shown, consider changing the verbiage on the MLS, which will create a refreshing for search engines and possibly attract more attention.
4. Is it time for NEW PHOTO'S? Sometimes moving the photo's around on the MLS is a good idea. Or perhaps you need to take more photos, better photo's, or Seasonal Photos?
5. If your house is not in tip-top condition, with good staging and lighting, it may be overlooked both online, and in person. Ask your best " tell it like it is" friends and family to go with you room by room and make suggestions. I actually do this as a Realtor as part of my initial listing services. I have an eye for staging, and most of my clients listen to me! :)
6. Understanding the role of a listing agent; if you have your home listed with a full service agency, such as ours you have a depth of coverage on the marketing of your home. Being on the MLS, Virtual tours, Realtor.com, all of the dozens of participating agencies who share listings (most), signs, and the basic listing packages, you are well covered for " exposure". Additional things such as Open House, and a Brokers Open are statistically far less effective in procuring a buyer for your home. Speak with your agent about a customized plan that works for you. I have a written " Seller's packet" that I give my listing clients so they have a clear idea of what I am doing " behind the scene".
7. Both seller and agent plays an active role in the selling of a home. Re-evaluate from time to time, and best wishes in selling your house!
BethAnn Long ~ Spokane Realtor- Coldwell Banker Tomlinson South Inc.
...there's no place like your home!