During the course of a Real Estate Transaction and process, most of us will find we experience a major spectrum of emotions.
I think it is very important to be prepared for this reality, so that you don't allow your emotions to be in the drivers seat. Often, I have had to help clients take some of the emotion out of sticky situations. This is a valuable tool, and helps people preserve energy .
Here are some tips in dealing with emotions during your real estate journey:
- Know your limit as far as extra commitments during this time. It takes energy to look for homes, or to have your home listed for sale.
- Use your realtor as a trusted confidant when you have concerns or questions.
- Set boundaries around who you will take advice from.
- Expect there to be some suprises and challenges.
- Plan time for taking care of yourself so your buying and selling process does not take over your life.
- Be flexible.
- Identify things that you can and cannot control and make decisions accordingly.
- Trust your instincts.
- Keep your sense of humor
- Count your blessings daily
Know that "this too shall pass" and even though it may seem like it... you won't be in "limbo" forever.
BethAnn Long, Realtor ~ e-PRO Tomlinson South, Inc. 509-362-4607 www.bethannhomes.com
BethAnn Long ~ Spokane Realtor- Coldwell Banker Tomlinson South Inc.
...there's no place like your home!