At the beginning of 2009, I had my goals set.
- Ignore the negative press
- Stay positive
- Set my financial goal of xyz$
- Set a goal of taking a great vacation (even though we have 5 kids, 3 in college) I knew this was a long shot, but no dream- no possibilities.
My mantra for the year was "2009 will be FINE!"
and guess what?! It was!
- Whenever I heard the (daily) doomsday news reports, I put my hands over my ears and said" "blah blah blah blah blah..."
- I remained positive
- I only missed my goal by less than 10% (if you aim for nothing- you are sure to hit it, so I an happy with the results!)
- I took the best vacation EVER! ...and guess what?! It was practically GIVEN to me. I estimate this was a 4500$ vacation (Wilea) and for the whole thing for my husband and I, we spent only 1200$ total!
What happened? I believe two things:
#1. God blessed me this year, and I better not take that for granted. I have had many difficult years personally - and each year brings something to be exceedingly grateful for, along with immense challenges. I am a Christian, and I believe God's hand is in all aspects of my life. Rain or shine.
#2. I opened myself up to receive the blessings.
#3. I am eternally grateful for my family, my business, my talents, my friends, my church, my health and the simple pleasures of life. Gratitude is a central part of my life.
Maybe this was a difficul year for you in some way. Perhaps it was your best? Worst? Easiest? Hardest? Regardless, I am guessing you gained a wealth of knowledge, and are more prepared for 2010.
What are your goals for 2010? Here are mine:
- Give more (time, energy and money)
- Focus on health
- xyz$ earned
- Take a great vacation with entire family!
I will check back with you at this time next year! I hope you have a wonderful holiday season, Merry Christmas and Happy NEW year!
PS I am not intending to brag, but rather to ENCOURAGE YOU to set your goals high, and stay focused!!!
BethAnn Long ~ Spokane Realtor- Coldwell Banker Tomlinson South Inc.
...there's no place like your home!